Five Day Falconry Course
If you have considered owning a bird of prey or you are interested in becoming a qualified Falconer yourself, our five day course is for you.
During the five day course you will get expert training in all aspects of falconry. You will learn how to train and feed the birds correctly, and how to keep them securely and safely.
You will learn both theory and practical approaches to train your own bird of prey with confidence.
Our Falconry Team are approved Raptor Award Assessors, the course provides you with all the training plus your final exam to become an approved falconer.
The exam is nationally recognised and so this course is ideal for anyone wishing to keep birds as a hobby, to learn more about the art of falconry or to continue into a career in the falconry industry.
Your Experience Includes:
- Learn how to feed and handle a variety of birds of prey
- Practice flying techniques, including lure swinging and hawking
- Veterinary advice and free first aid reference book
- Learn how to make the equipment
- Raptor Award Assessment by our Falconry Team
- Lunch in Castle View Restaurant each day
- Continued support once you get your own bird
- Pre-booking is essential for participants
- Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear must be worn and a good level of fitness is required.
- Duration: 5 Days (10am to 4pm)
- Minimum age: 12 years (under 16 years must be accompanied)
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase
- Discounted accommodation is also available upon request